Welcome to The Sassy Penguin

Thank you for checking out my blog! Be sure to visit frequently for new and exciting posts!

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on Pinterest


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Way more fun than cleaning!

Multi-tasking.

That is what I did this weekend.  Well...tried to do.

I accomplished a few different crafts this Memorial Day weekend.

Here is the play-by-play of my first one!

Vacuum.
Do dishes.
Toss out a Mike's Hard Lemonade Bottle that was left next to sink.
Start cleaning living room.
Find roll of Jute.
 



.......Stops.......



Pulls Mike's Hard Lemonade Bottle out of bin.
Plug in hot glue gun
Go put dishes away.
Dry hands.
Starts wrapping jute around bottle.
Burns fingers with hot glue.
Keep wrapping.
Keep burning fingers.

Get REAL excited when finished!  I may have squealed. Thankfully, I was the only one home.




I love this little Patron bottle. I saved it, I knew one day eventually I would use it.  I think it looks cute here.
Don't mind the mangled fake flowers.  I had bought a large craft bag from some woman on Craigslist a few months back for $3.00  It had a bunch of useless things in it- yet I kept it.  Dug these flowers out of that bag.  Hey, they do the job.



I love the little rustic flair this gives on my windowsill. 

I have a large sangria bottle I might want to do this to.  I need to buy more jute first.  Do I sense some wedding decor here? ;)


Linking with:
DebbieDoo's Newbie Party
Craft-O-Maniac Monday Link Party 
An Original Belle: make it yourself Monday
Vintage Wanna Bee- Talent Tuesday 
Whatever Goes Wednesday- Someday Crafts
Lil' Luna Link Party 79

5 comments:

  1. Hi Becca! Coming over from the newbie party. LOVE LOVE the jute! Used it everywhere in my wedding and now put it one everything. Hope your hot-glued fingers are better! :) Would love to see the sangria bottle when you do it! I'm your newest follower, too!

    xo Kayli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! Coming over from the newbie party. LOVE LOVE the jute! Used it everywhere in my wedding and now put it one everything. Hope your hot-glued fingers are better! :) Would love to see the sangria bottle when you do it! I'm your newest follower, too!

    xo Kayli

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so cute Becca! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete