Welcome to The Sassy Penguin

Thank you for checking out my blog! Be sure to visit frequently for new and exciting posts!

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on Pinterest


Thursday, June 7, 2012

Making use of leftovers

I hate to throw things out...like vinyl.
It's not cheap so I try to use as much of it as possible.

Remember my Monogrammed Door Mat from the other day?

When making this, I only needed to use it as a stencil.  I now have a perfectly good 'A' to use elsewhere!

I ran to my pile of picture frames and grabbed a cheap-o 8x10 plastic one.  I dry brushed some earthy tones on it- greens, browns, whites... then lightly sanded it.

Searched endlessly through my piles of scrapbook paper for the right design.

I debated on putting the 'A' on the glass or the paper, and ultimately the 'A' on the paper won.

Once the 'A' had a new home and the frame was assembled, it was missing something.

It needed to be etched!!

I've never etched anything in my life- even though I had a small beginner kit for months.
I was finally ready to give a try.


It was also my first time trying the collage section of picmonkey.  I kinda like it :)

What projects have you made with "leftovers"? I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment