Welcome to The Sassy Penguin

Thank you for checking out my blog! Be sure to visit frequently for new and exciting posts!

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on Pinterest


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Absolutely breathtaking

I'm debating on organizing my blog. Giving it some structure. Right now, I post when I want, about what I want, if I want. I'm sure readers would like some sort of a structure.

I was thinking about a recipe day, a "my own" craft day, maybe an "I found it on Pinterest day"...things like that. I kind of like the recipe day since it will encourage me to cook more. ;) I'm sure Mr. Fiance Penguin would like that too.

Sometimes I forget to post on my OWN blog because I am too busy drooling over other peoples blogs. People are just so damn creative. I wish I could be half as creative as you folks.

Here are a few posts I came across this morning that literally had me in awe.

I was holding my breath, no lie, for this reveal.


Gorgeous Union Jack Coffee Table from Domestic Imperfection. Job well done!


How about this Jelly Cupboard Makeover from The House at Bluebird Lane


The colors on this piece just pop. I love the rustic stars on the front! B-E-A-UTIFUL!

The House at Bluebird Lane has also nominated me as a Versatile Blogger. I'll get that post up once I decide on my 15 blogs to nominate myself :)

So, what do you think about structured posts by day? Monday/Recipe Tuesday/Pinterest etc. I'd love to hear your opinion.

13 comments:

  1. I agree with you, the creativity on these blogs can blow you away. As for posts, I think a lot of people post randomly...I'm not good on cooking so most of my post focus on crafts or painting. Good Luck on what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are quick with your blog posts! Takes me forever to write a post...like days. That's mostly my kids fault though, lol. Thanks so much for the feature, I really appreciate it! And I think that if you are able to post on a schedule then you should go for it. I know that I will never be one of those people, but I envy those who can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually make my posts in a few hours, depending on if I have my pictures handy or not. I hate to edit them, I'd rather post the first draft (with fixed spelling errors of course) since it shows who I really am. I post like I talk- I prefer it that way :)

      Delete
  3. I know some people organize their blogs to post daily but I think more than once or twice a week {most weeks} results in lower reader loyalty. I generally sub by e-mail if I like a blog. There are a few big-name bloggers who post when they don't have a lot to say. I'd rather read a really good post than 3 average posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great point, I sub by email as well and usually don't read the daily ones- I skim through sometimes. Thanks for the input.

      Delete
  4. I was thinking about doing something like that as well since I post pretty much on the same terms as you do, when I want on what I want! GOod luck!
    Barbara @ Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... I like structure, it's a wonderful thought...

    Aloha,
    Visiting from the UBP and following you too. I'd love it if you would come "join the ride" at localsugarhawaii.com. Come as you are, structure or no, it'd be sweet to have ya on board.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd really take me and my unstructuredness? haha :) I'll definitely head on over and check you out.

      Delete
  6. I'm visiting from the BBC! Nice to meet you Becca. I feel the same way about drooling over other blogs sometimes...ha. Your newest follower ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Megan! I had browsed your blog when you were featured, I love it :)

      Delete
  7. Hi! Stopping by from the BBC. I asked Kristin a similar question, since my blog isn't really just about one thing (though as I've blogged it's become pretty recipe-heavy). I don't know if it would be helpful to tie myself to blogging about something on a certain day. I kind of like being able to blog about whatever whenever - and some weeks I feel lazier than others so would feel like I was missing the mark by skipping certain features! I wouldn't want to post something on a certain topic just for the sake of posting something. I hope you find a balance that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, Thanks so much for featuring me at The Sassy Penguin! I just adore the name of your blog. :-) I like having some sort of structure. It helps me with my personal goals for my blog and makes me feel like I have accomplished something. However, you got to do what works best for you. Your blog is your own unique creation and I think the most important thing is being true to yourself and making it your own. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete